Building Services will reopen with limited staff on June 1. Visitors should wear a face covering when in the building and maintain a physical distance of at least six feet from others. A maximum of four customers will be allowed in the lobby at one time.
Please continue to use the online portal to apply for permits, renew contractor licenses and to schedule inspections. Most Building Services staff continue to work remotely and can answer questions by phone at 303-651-8332 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend calling ahead or making an appointment with the appropriate staff member to ensure they are available should you need in-person assistance beyond permit submittals and payments.
To apply for a building permit, please visit our Applying for Online Permits page.
To apply for or renew a contractor license, please visit our Applying for Online Licenses page.
Update on inspections -4/9/2020
Inspection Policy during COVID-19 emergency
Policy for other-than-production inspections during COVID-19 event
1. Inspections that do not compromise social distancing guidelines will be entertained as long as the area of work has not been occupied.
2. It shall be the responsibility of the person requesting an inspection to post the required paperwork in an obvious location and to provide in the comment section of the inspection request the phone number of the contact individual and clear instructions as to how to access the site. The person requesting inspection shall minimize all human interaction and remain in full compliance with distancing guidelines.
3. Engineers performing inspections will be entertained if the engineer is licensed in the discipline for which they are contracted to perform services.
4. “Production” types of inspections are being performed. They include new single-family homes, patio covers, carports, decks, fences and roofs, commercial tenant improvements, new commercial construction, RTUs, and commercial roofs.
5. We have a standing policy of not entering homes. This includes inspections for water heaters, furnaces, remodeling, and additions unless the addition doesn’t communicate with the existing home by way of a temporary separation. An exception would be for a home that is not being used, such as with a gut and remodel or an unoccupied home.
If you have concerns or questions regarding a building inspection, please call 303-651-8332.
Look up permits/Apply for a permit/Schedule an inspection
Applying for your permit online, looking up permit information, and scheduling inspections has been made easier.
Note: At this time you do not need to create an account to Look Up Permits or Schedule Inspections. If you don't see the permit you need please go to the applications page.
Daily Inspection Schedule
If you would like to view the routing order for your scheduled inspection please click the following link:
Plan Review Turnaround Time
Due to the current volume of permit submittals, our turnaround time frame for Plan Review is approximately:
Commercial New Construction: 4 weeks for initial review and 3 weeks for revisions
Commercial Remodel or Tenant Finish: 3 weeks for initial review and 1 to 2 weeks for revisions
Residential New Construction: 3-4 weeks for initial review (depending on volume)
Residential Remodel: 3-5 business days for basement finish, decks, patio covers, all other interior remodels
Residential Additions and ADU's: 3-4 weeks for initial review (depending on volume)
Please visit our FAQ’s for answers to your building inspection and permitting questions. If the FAQ’s didn’t answer all your questions, please contact us at 303-651-8332 or email@example.com and we will respond within 24 hours.
This site provides general information regarding the building and permitting process in the City of Longmont. The information contained herein may not cover specific questions or projects, so please contact Building Inspection at (303) 651-8332.