The City Clerk's Office is co-located with the City Manager's Office in the area called "Administration Offices" in the southwest corner of the Civic Center.
The City Clerk's Office strives to provide prompt, accurate information to the residents of Longmont. We pride ourselves on being a neutral and knowledgeable source of information about elections and the legislative process. We administer to City Council and serve as the official record keeper for the City.
The City Clerk's office is responsible for:
- Preparing City Council meeting agendas and City Council packets
- Preparing and recording City Council meeting minutes
- Administration of oaths for elected officials
- Issuing liquor and business licenses and Use of Public Places permits
- Executing the City of Longmont's Records Management program
- Receiving and responding to Open Records Requests
- Publishing legal notices
- Conducting Municipal Elections
- Recruiting and maintaining board, committee, and commission membership