State and Federal legislation has wide-ranging impacts on the City of Longmont, its residents and businesses. The Longmont City Council closely follows a variety of legislative issues and sometimes weighs in to support or oppose pending legislation.
The Colorado General Assembly meets from January through May each year. When the Assembly is in session, this page is regularly updated with information on legislation in a variety of policy areas.
Legislative Policy Positions
In December, 2018, the Longmont City Council adopted the:
- Colorado Municipal League (CML) Policy Statement,
- City of Longmont Water Principles,
- and the National League of Cities Federal Policy Statement
- View more information about federal issues on the National League of Cities website.
Send comments about specific legislation to City of Longmont staff:
Do Your Own Research
- The Colorado General Assembly - Review bills, listen to live hearings.
- The U.S. House
- The U.S. Senate
- Thomas - A federal legislation research tool provided by the Library of Congress.
- Colorado Municipal League
- Regulations.gov is the U.S. Government website that makes it easier for you to participate in Federal rule-making - an essential part of the American democratic process.