Supporting Action for Mental Health (SAM) is a movement of local community groups, organizations, faith communities, residents, and local government working together to explore how we all can raise awareness of and take action to address mental health needs in Longmont.
Join us for Many More Tomorrows Mental Wellness Month
September is International Suicide Prevention Month.
To support our community, Supporting Action for Mental Health has organized a month-long series of events and discussions about creating mental wellness. The activities aim to help residents recognize the tools they already have and fill up their toolbox with new tools to address a mental health challenge for themselves, a loved one or the community as a whole. For more information, visit friends of Supporting Action for Mental Health at https://manymoretomorrows.org.
50+ Events & Activities in September
Explore the many ways to improve and promote mental wellness through Music, Art, Physical Activities, Nutrition,
Mindfulness, Growth Mindset, Philosophical Inquiry, Relationships, Thinking Skills, & More!
For more information, contact John Kellow, SAM project coordinator.
Here’s How You Can Take Action
- Attend an upcoming community conversation. Download our flyer.
- Get trained in Mental Health First Aid. Host/sponsor a Mental Health First Aid training at your business, place of worship, or with a community group. Email John Kellow to learn more.
- Participate in/host a Conversation on Mental Health
- Help us promote Let's Talk, a mental health awareness campaign
- Volunteer! Join a Supporting Action for Mental Health committee. Email John Kellow, SAM project coordinator, to learn more.
- Tell others about Supporting Action for Mental Health. Download our flyer.