Supporting Action for Mental Health (SAM) is a movement of local community groups, organizations, faith communities, residents, and local government working together to explore how we all can raise awareness of and take action to address mental health needs in Longmont.
SafeTALK: Suicide Alertness Training
Friday, September 28, 5-8:30pm, Longs Peak Hospital
Almost all of us have, or will have, someone in our life who could be at risk for suicide.
- How do you know if someone is having thoughts of suicide?
- What should you say or not say?
- Where can you find help?
You could help save the life of someone you know or love by attending Safe TALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone).
This 3.5 hour workshop will offer skills that will help you not to miss, dismiss, or avoid signs of suicide. You will also learn how to approach someone you are worried about as well as how to connect them with lifesaving resources.
Due to the nature of the workshop, it is imperative that participants be able to attend the training in its entirety.
Levels of Mental Health Crisis Care Class
Late summer/early fall class coming soon! Check back for more details.
Learn About the Levels of Mental Health Crisis Care in Longmont. This FREE seminar provides an opportunity to:
- Learn about the Levels of Mental Health Crisis Care document created by Supporting Action for Mental Health and how it can be helpful in making decisions about seeking mental health care.
- Understand what happens during emergency psychiatric evaluations at hospital emergency departments.
- Learn what to do when someone needs professional help and refuses assistance or doesn't follow through.
- Discuss situations you have experienced as challenging or rewarding when using Mental Health First Aid skills or seeking assistance for yourself or someone else.
Here’s How You Can Take Action
Host/sponsor a Mental Health First Aid training at your business, place of worship or with a community group. Email Julie Phillips to learn more.
Volunteer! Join a Supporting Action for Mental Health committee. Email Julie Phillips to learn more.
Tell others about Supporting Action for Mental Health. Download our flyer.