Visit our Coronavirus page to stay up-to-date on the latest information and resources. ALL IN-PERSON CITY PROGRAMS AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. See current closure details.

Información sobre la enfermedad del Covid-19



A Stormwater Construction Activity Permit (SCAP) from the City of Longmont is required for all activities that disturb one or more acres of land, are a part of a 'Common Plan of Development', or which could have a detrimental effect on the environment and public health. If you require a SCAP, or if you would like more information, please contact the Stormwater Quality Program.

All construction sites must use stormwater control measures to prevent pollutants from entering the City of Longmont’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4). All sites must comply with any applicable federal, state and local regulations. It is the developer's responsibility to identify and obtain all permits prior to the start of any construction activity. Erosion control associated with a building permit is the responsibility of the building permittee.

Please review the FAQ found on this page for more information related to SCAPs.

Permittees Must Report Spills, Discharges and Violations

Please note that Section A. 6. of the SCAP requires the Permittee to notify the City as soon as practicable, but no later than 24 hours after becoming aware of any spill, discharge or non-compliance with this permit.

Spills during regular business hours are reported to the Public Works Customer Service Center at (303) 651-8416 or and the assigned City Project Manager. After hour and weekend spills must be reported to the Public Works on-call technician at (303) 651-8468.

View Full Site