Search the Library Catalog
¡Bienvenidos a su biblioteca!
Discover Front Range Attractions with Free Passes from your Library
The Longmont Public Library’s book collection numbers in the tens of thousands, but knowledge is not found in books alone. To be truly well-rounded, a person must also have experiences. To promote learning experiences, the Friends of the Longmont Library has partnered with many local museums and attractions to offer free daily passes to patrons through the Library’s website. These new “Discovery Passes” are a ticket to history, art, science, culture, and nature all along the Front Range, accessible with just a library card. Click the button above to learn more and reserve yours today!
Check out 4 New Experience Bags!We've expanded our collection of over a dozen canvas bags stuffed full of books, movies, and games related to various television or movie series or exotic destinations. Rather than simply reading books or watching a movie series, Experience Bags provide a whole different level of engagement. Travel to Greece, Nepal, or Longmont Sister Cities of Chino, Japan and Ciudad Guzmán without ever packing a suitcase! Click the button to learn more about this fun collection and our latest additions.
Submit Your Work & Get Published
Now is your chance to check the box on that long-held dream of being published. Sharpen your pencil, get a grip on that pen, or open your laptop to create a written masterpiece. Grab your camera and take that unforgettable shot. Pull out your charcoal or watercolors and capture an incredible moment. Then submit your original work to our You Belong staff for consideration to be included in the 2018 You Belong Anthology. With several years’ experience selecting and publishing local authors, playwrights, and artists, anthology staff are excited to begin the selection, editing and publication process. Longmont-area residents of all ages are invited to submit entries. The editorial committee will select works for publication from several writing genres, including fiction, personal narratives, poetry, essays, and children’s stories, as well as illustrations and photographs. Don't be shy - our community is full of talented people, and we suspect you're one of them.
Submit your work now.
The deadline for submission is Friday, September 7 at 5 pm. (Add Deadline to Calendar)
Receive Text Message Notifications
The Library is using Shoutbomb to manage text notifications! Now you can use the text function on your phone to:
- renew items
- get notices of available holds
- see overdue items and fees
Ready to sign-up?
Signing up is totally free. Standard text rates apply. You must have a phone that can send and receive text messages AND text to an email address (it doesn’t have to be a smart phone).
- Text SIGNUP+your library card number to 1-720-893-9151. (To receive your messages in Spanish, use REGISTRESE instead of SIGNUP.) Be sure to type the keyword in all CAPS.
- After a successful registration, you will receive three messages:
- Message congratulating you on registering and informing you of the ADDCARD keyword function;
- Message indicating which of the available services are active or inactive; and
- Message informing you of the MYBOOKS keyword function.
If at any point you get stuck, please send a text message with the keywords HELP then a space SIGNUP. You will receive detailed instructions on how the process works.
How to Select Which Notices to Receive:
- Text NOTICES to view your current status of all the opt in/out notices.
- The following notices are all ON by default. You do not have to do anything further to receive them. To turn off a notice, text the keyword that is in CAPS to 1-720-893-9151 (this is the same number you used to sign up). Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on. Be sure to text keywords in all CAPS
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
View and download our printable flyer with these instructions to register, plus a list of shortcut phrases to help you navigate the system.
Start Learning with Lynda.com - FREE with your library card!
The Library recently acquired access to all of Lynda.com's library of classes and tutorials, and we're sharing them with you for no charge! If you've used Lynda.com in the past, you know how easy, interesting, and helpful its classes are, and if you aren't familiar with Lynda, you're in for a great surprise.
Lynda.com is a premier online learning resource offering more than 4,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sounds to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more);
- Help with computer programs, including basic videos on how to use Microsoft Office;
- Courses that can help you with your career; everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues;
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design;
- Photography and video;
- and much more!
How do you sign up?
Just access Lynda.com through the Library's website at home or in the Library, create a profile by entering your library card number, create a password, and you're good to go.
Win Family Movie Night with DVDs Everyone Will Love
Do you just gotta have the latest and greatest in video but hate to pay for streaming services? We've got you covered -- with our "Gotta See It" DVD collection. This collection, patterned after our popular "Lucky Day" books, is located in the lobby and consists of the newest and best DVDs we can find. No holds, no wait. Just come in, grab whatever you've just gotta see, and check it out.
Mobile Printing Services
- Available from all mobile devices, through our MobilePrint app.
- Print from anywhere to the Library printer network.
- Pick up your print jobs at the Library!
- Regular printing fees apply.
- Download our printable one-page instruction sheet for complete details.
We've Added Another Way to Keep Up with Some of Your Favorite Library Programs
Check us out on Meetup.com! We post all our recurring adult programs there , so join up (it's FREE! and easy) and follow us for all the information and reminders you need. We are also considering posting single programs as well, so let us know what works for you.
Where We're From -- Immigrants in Your Community
We invite you to celebrate the rich melting pot of our community with this short, powerful video. Then, stop by the Library's second floor and let us know where your family originated by participating in our interactive display.
Video produced by Patricio Illanes, in conjunction with One Action 2016.