Search the Library Catalog
¡Bienvenidos a su biblioteca!
- Drop off dioramas March 15-22, Vote for your favorite in the Library lobby, March 23-29.
- It's back! Join the fun of the Library's annual diorama contest using marshmallow peeps to depict notable scenes from beloved books.
- Dioramas can be dropped off at the Library, starting Thursday, March 15. All entries must be received by Thursday, March 22 at 9 pm.
- Stop by the Library lobby between Friday, March 23 and Thursday, March 29 to vote for your favorite!
- Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Adult Diorama (ages 14+)
- Best Tween Diorama (ages 9-13)
- Best Kid Diorama (ages 8 and younger)
- Best Transformation of a Peep
- Best Diorama Title
- Library's Choice (voted on by library staff)
- "Peeple's Choice" (determined by popular vote)
- Winners will be announced on Friday, March 30 and winners will be contacted about their prizes.
- Please review complete rules and fill out an entry form.
Receive Text Message Notifications!
The Library is using Shoutbomb to manage text notifications! Now you can use the text function on your phone to:
- renew items
- get notices of available holds
- see overdue items and fees
Ready to sign-up?
Signing up is totally free. Standard text rates apply. You must have a phone that can send and receive text messages AND text to an email address (it doesn’t have to be a smart phone).
- Text SIGNUP+your library card number to 1-720-893-9151. (To receive your messages in Spanish, use REGISTRESE instead of SIGNUP.) Be sure to type the keyword in all CAPS.
- After a successful registration, you will receive three messages:
- Message congratulating you on registering and informing you of the ADDCARD keyword function;
- Message indicating which of the available services are active or inactive; and
- Message informing you of the MYBOOKS keyword function.
If at any point you get stuck, please send a text message with the keywords HELP then a space SIGNUP. You will receive detailed instructions on how the process works.
How to Select Which Notices to Receive:
- Text NOTICES to view your current status of all the opt in/out notices.
- The following notices are all ON by default. You do not have to do anything further to receive them. To turn off a notice, text the keyword that is in CAPS to 1-720-893-9151 (this is the same number you used to sign up). Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on. Be sure to text keywords in all CAPS
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
View and download our printable flyer with these instructions to register, plus a list of shortcut phrases to help you navigate the system.
Start Learning with Lynda.com - FREE with your library card!
The Library recently acquired access to all of Lynda.com's library of classes and tutorials, and we're sharing them with you for no charge! If you've used Lynda.com in the past, you know how easy, interesting, and helpful its classes are, and if you aren't familiar with Lynda, you're in for a great surprise.
Lynda.com is a premier online learning resource offering more than 4,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sounds to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more);
- Help with computer programs, including basic videos on how to use Microsoft Office;
- Courses that can help you with your career; everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues;
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design;
- Photography and video;
- and much more!
How do you sign up?
Just access Lynda.com through the Library's website at home or in the Library, create a profile by entering your library card number, create a password, and you're good to go.
We Use Eventbrite.com to Register for Adult Programs
The Library has switched to Eventbrite.com to handle online registrations for our adult programs. Why the change? Because Eventbrite:
- is more convenient -- access it through an app on your phone or tablet, or through the web on your computer or laptop;
- automatically delivers reminder and cancellation emails to you;
- allows you to reserve up to 6 tickets in your name;
- can handle ticket reservations for very large events; and
- will list all our programs in one place, making it easier to register for multiple library programs at once.
Registering through Eventbrite.com is super easy:
Step 1: Create an account on Eventbrite.com.
Step 2: Type "Longmont Public Library" in the Search box to search "Longmont, CO."
Step 3: You will see a list of upcoming events and programs at the Library. Click or tap on the one you'd like to register for.
Step 4: You'll see more information about the program and a green button on the right titled "Register." Click or tap there to register for the program.
So watch for the new orange button!
If you do not have an email address or are more comfortable making your registration by phone, that option will still be available. Children and Teen program registration will continue through the current system for now.
If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to an adult services librarian on the 2nd floor, or call (303) 651-8472.
Cooler Nights Call for More Interesting Films
Do you love movies? With InstantFlix, your library card grants you access to FREE streaming of thousands of movies. InstantFlix gives an unbelievable number of movies, and it specializes in film festival award winners, documentaries, and short films. Get your library card ready, and click the InstantFlix logo to begin streaming all the best independent films.
Win Family Movie Night with DVDs Everyone Will Love
Do you just gotta have the latest and greatest in video but hate to pay for streaming services? We've got you covered -- with our "Gotta See It" DVD collection. This collection, patterned after our popular "Lucky Day" books, is located in the lobby and consists of the newest and best DVDs we can find. No holds, no wait. Just come in, grab whatever you've just gotta see, and check it out.
Mobile Printing Services
- Available from all mobile devices, through our MobilePrint app.
- Print from anywhere to the Library printer network.
- Pick up your print jobs at the Library!
- Regular printing fees apply.
- Download our printable one-page instruction sheet for complete details.
Check out 6 New Experience Bags!We've expanded our collection consists of over a dozen canvas bags stuffed full of books, movies, and games related to various television or movie series or exotic destinations. Rather than simply reading books or watching a movie series, Experience Bags provide a whole different level of engagement. Click the button to learn more about this fun collection and our latest additions!
We've Added a New Way to Keep Up with Some of Your Favorite Library Programs
Check us out on Meetup.com! We post all our recurring adult programs there , so join up (it's FREE! and easy) and follow us for all the information and reminders you need. We are also considering posting single programs as well, so let us know what works for you.
Did you Miss Getting Tickets to Temple Grandin? Watch it NOW!
Not to worry; you can still see the program. "An Evening with Dr. Temple Grandin" is now available, in its entirety and professionally filmed and edited, on our website.
Where We're From -- Immigrants in Your Community
We invite you to celebrate the rich melting pot of our community with this short, powerful video. Then, stop by the Library's second floor and let us know where your family originated by participating in our interactive display.
Video produced by Patricio Illanes, in conjunction with One Action 2016.