Search the Library Catalog
¡Bienvenidos a su biblioteca!
It's Time to Light-a-Candle for Your Library!
The advent of the holiday season means that it's time for the Library’s annual Light-a-Candle celebration. In its 33rd year, the Light-a-Candle event is an opportunity to give a gift to your library for the whole community to enjoy. Plus, we've made it hassle-free (which is always good during the holidays, right?). Just visit the Library lobby between Monday, November 27 and Sunday, December 10 to purchase a book that will be added to the Library’s collection. A special “book plate” is placed inside the book cover to honor and identify the donor, and an ornament with the donor’s name is hung on the Light-a-Candle Tree that decorates the library lobby during the holiday season. Through the community’s support and generosity each year, the Library is able to expand its collections and meet needs not addressed with our regular funds. These donations benefit everyone – from our very youngest learning readers to our respected seniors. All contributions are tax deductible, and prices on the items vary significantly to allow everyone to participate. So, during this season of giving, consider giving something back to the community you love. Donate a book and support your library!
2006 U.S. Children's Poet Laureate, Jack Prelutsky, is coming to Longmont!
Join us in celebrating his visit, with two fun events and chances to win free tickets to see Prelutsky when he appears with the Longmont Symphony Orchestra on January 27th. He will be reading some of his poems, with accompaniment from the LSO.
Booksale and Concert Tickets Fundraiser
- Friday, December 1 through Sunday, December 10, 10 am to 5 pm
- Be on of the first 50 people to purchase one (or more!) of Jack Prelutsky's books at the Children's and Teens Desk and receive two free tickets to see Prelutsky's family fun performance with the Longmont Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, January 27.
- A great gift for the holidays!
- All proceeds go to the Friends of the Longmont Library, who generously sponsor your favorite library programs and services.
- This fundraiser is made possible through a partnership with the Longmont Symphony Orchestra and the Friends of the Longmont Library.
Jack Prelutsky Art Challenge!
- Monday, December 4, through Saturday, January 6, 10 am to 5 pm
- We're honoring Jack Prelutsky's appearance in Longmont with a fun art challenge!
- Create a collage or other original piece of art inspired by Prelusky's whimsical poetry and book illustrations.
- The first 25 submissions win FREE tickets to see Jack Prelutsky perform with the Longmont Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, January 27.
- This challenge is open to all school-aged kids.
- Submit your art at the Children's and Teens Desk.
- Registration is not required, but you do need to complete an entry form.
- Download and print a flyer with full challenge details and rules, plus the entry form, or pick one up from the Children's and Teens Desk.
- This art challenge is made possible through a partnership with the Longmont Symphony Orchestra and the St. Vrain Valley School District.
Cooler Nights Call for More Interesting Films
Do you love movies? With InstantFlix, your library card grants you access to FREE streaming of thousands of movies. InstantFlix gives an unbelievable number of movies, and it specializes in film festival award winners, documentaries, and short films. Get your library card ready, and click the InstantFlix logo to begin streaming all the best independent films.
Win Family Movie Night with DVDs Everyone Will Love
Do you just gotta have the latest and greatest in video but hate to pay for streaming services? We've got you covered -- with our "Gotta See It" DVD collection. This collection, patterned after our popular "Lucky Day" books, is located in the lobby and consists of the newest and best DVDs we can find. No holds, no wait. Just come in, grab whatever you've just gotta see, and check it out.
Mobile Printing Services
- Available from all mobile devices, through our MobilePrint app.
- Print from anywhere to the Library printer network.
- Pick up your print jobs at the Library!
- Regular printing fees apply.
- Download our printable one-page instruction sheet for complete details.
Check out 6 New Experience Bags!We've expanded our collection consists of over a dozen canvas bags stuffed full of books, movies, and games related to various television or movie series or exotic destinations. Rather than simply reading books or watching a movie series, Experience Bags provide a whole different level of engagement. Click the button to learn more about this fun collection and our latest additions!
We've Added a New Way to Keep Up with Some of Your Favorite Library Programs
Check us out on Meetup.com! We post all our recurring adult programs there , so join up (it's FREE! and easy) and follow us for all the information and reminders you need. We are also considering posting single programs as well, so let us know what works for you.
Did you Miss Getting Tickets to Temple Grandin? Watch it NOW!
Not to worry; you can still see the program. "An Evening with Dr. Temple Grandin" is now available, in its entirety and professionally filmed and edited, on our website.
Where We're From -- Immigrants in Your Community
We invite you to celebrate the rich melting pot of our community with this short, powerful video. Then, stop by the Library's second floor and let us know where your family originated by participating in our interactive display.
Video produced by Patricio Illanes, in conjunction with One Action 2016.