Search the Library Catalog
¡Bienvenidos a su biblioteca!
IMPORTANT NOTICE:The phone number for our book renewal line has changed. The new number to renew all materials is 720-649-1467. If you have difficulty using this number, please call our Information Desk during business hours at 303-651-8476.
The Longmont Free Seed Library
- Get free seeds and grow some cool stuff!
- Our Free Seed Library is a collection of commercial seed packets donated by local seed suppliers and available for free to library patrons.
- Look for the vintage card catalog in the Library's main lobby area during the local growing season. We have dozens of fruit, vegetable, and herb seeds to choose from.
- Watch for booklists for kids and adults focusing on growing and gardening, too.
- Please limit your selection to 6 seed packets per household. Our goal is to provide seeds to as many local gardeners as possible.
- This is not a seed exchange. Unfortunately, we can only accept unopened, commercial seed packets as donations to this collection.
- The donated seeds are from the previous growing season, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% viable, and so cannot be sold this year. Each year, millions of seeds are discarded. The Free Seed Library aims to reduce that waste and increase the fun for local gardeners. This year's seeds were generously supplied by local seed companies and the Living Seed Library.
- Gardening doesn't have to be expensive. Now is your chance to (re)discover the joys of digging in the dirt and growing your own food!
- We would love to see your growing progress! You can send us photos by email or through our social media accounts on Facebook Messenger and Twitter.
Receive Text Message Notifications
The Library is using Shoutbomb to manage text notifications! Now you can use the text function on your phone to:
- renew items
- get notices of available holds
- see overdue items and fees
Ready to sign-up?
Signing up is totally free. Standard text rates apply. You must have a phone that can send and receive text messages AND text to an email address (it doesn’t have to be a smart phone).
- Text SIGNUP+your library card number to 1-720-893-9151. (To receive your messages in Spanish, use REGISTRESE instead of SIGNUP.) Be sure to type the keyword in all CAPS.
- After a successful registration, you will receive three messages:
- Message congratulating you on registering and informing you of the ADDCARD keyword function;
- Message indicating which of the available services are active or inactive; and
- Message informing you of the MYBOOKS keyword function.
If at any point you get stuck, please send a text message with the keywords HELP then a space SIGNUP. You will receive detailed instructions on how the process works.
How to Select Which Notices to Receive:
- Text NOTICES to view your current status of all the opt in/out notices.
- The following notices are all ON by default. You do not have to do anything further to receive them. To turn off a notice, text the keyword that is in CAPS to 1-720-893-9151 (this is the same number you used to sign up). Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on. Be sure to text keywords in all CAPS
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
View and download our printable flyer with these instructions to register, plus a list of shortcut phrases to help you navigate the system.
Where We're From -- Immigrants in Your Community
We invite you to celebrate the rich melting pot of our community with this short, powerful video. Then, stop by the Library's second floor and let us know where your family originated by participating in our interactive display.
Video produced by Patricio Illanes, in conjunction with One Action 2016.