Search the Library Catalog
¡Bienvenidos a su biblioteca!
Why Buy When You Can Borrow?
Of course your library has books, DVDs, magazines, and other reading materials, but did you know that it also has a collection of useful items that you can borrow? Well, now you do! Maybe you only need them for a short-term project or maybe you'd like to try something out before purchasing one yourself. Whatever your reasons, we have some great things in this collection, including wifi hot spots, GoPro cameras, and ukuleles! Click on the button to the left to see the complete list plus rules for borrowing and to reserve your item now. Also, watch this space, because we'll be adding more items as we expand this collection.
Discover Great Attractions Along the Front Range
Everyone knows that the Front Range has beautiful natural attractions, but it is also home to some fine museums, galleries, adventures, attractions that expand our minds and teach us new things. The Friends of the Longmont Library is partnering with many of these attractions to provide FREE entrance passes to our patrons.
Our Discovery Pass collection includes some big attractions like the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Wings Over the Rockies, and the Denver Botanic Gardens, as well as some smaller but well-loved destinations such as the Longmont Museum, the Butterfly Pavilion, and the Molly Brown House. Click on the button to the left to see the whole collection plus rules for borrowing and to reserve your pass now. We add new attractions several times a year, so watch our webpage for new, fun options.
Receive Text Message Notifications
The Library is using Shoutbomb to manage text notifications! Now you can use the text function on your phone to:
- renew items
- get notices of available holds
- see overdue items and fees
Ready to sign-up?
Signing up is totally free. Standard text rates apply. You must have a phone that can send and receive text messages AND text to an email address (it doesn’t have to be a smart phone).
- Text SIGNUP+your library card number to 1-720-893-9151. (To receive your messages in Spanish, use REGISTRESE instead of SIGNUP.) Be sure to type the keyword in all CAPS.
- After a successful registration, you will receive three messages:
- Message congratulating you on registering and informing you of the ADDCARD keyword function;
- Message indicating which of the available services are active or inactive; and
- Message informing you of the MYBOOKS keyword function.
If at any point you get stuck, please send a text message with the keywords HELP then a space SIGNUP. You will receive detailed instructions on how the process works.
How to Select Which Notices to Receive:
- Text NOTICES to view your current status of all the opt in/out notices.
- The following notices are all ON by default. You do not have to do anything further to receive them. To turn off a notice, text the keyword that is in CAPS to 1-720-893-9151 (this is the same number you used to sign up). Text the keyword again to turn the notice back on. Be sure to text keywords in all CAPS
- HOLDS: This is a notice that you have holds ready to be picked up.
- OVERDUE: This is a notice that things are already overdue.
- RENEW: This is a notice that things will soon be due, and you can renew them.
View and download our printable flyer with these instructions to register, plus a list of shortcut phrases to help you navigate the system.
Where We're From -- Immigrants in Your Community
We invite you to celebrate the rich melting pot of our community with this short, powerful video. Then, stop by the Library's second floor and let us know where your family originated by participating in our interactive display.
Video produced by Patricio Illanes, in conjunction with One Action 2016.