Join Us for a Fun Summer of Reading!
1. Get Registered for Summer Reading for Prizes until July 14.
Click the button below to register for the Summer Reading Program beginning Thursday, May 24. The last day to register for the Summer Reading Program is Saturday, July 14.
The program has two age levels -- Preschool (ages newborn to about 5) or Children and Teens (those entering K-12).
Beginning May 24, you can download and print the Summer Reading Program materials below for your child's age group or pick them up at the library.
- Instructions - English
- K-12 Punch Card - English
- Preschool Form - English
- Instructions - Spanish
- K-12 Punch Card - Spanish
- Preschool Form - Spanish
2. Stop by the Children's and Teens Info Desk!
Stop by the Information Desk in the Children and Teens area to pick up a punch card or form and lanyard. You can also register at the Information Desk, if you'd prefer.
3. Start Earning Prizes by Punching the Squares!
- Read! -- You can punch one square a day by reading for at least 20 minutes. You can punch all your squares by reading each day, but you can only punch one per day. Read at the same level you were reading at school.
- Come to a Library Event! -- You can get one square punched for each program you attend, including storytimes, concerts, movies, Chess Club, LEGO Club, etc!
- Visit a Museum or a Park! -- Take a picture or selfie and show it to us for one punch per visit.
4. Collect Your Prizes (beginning July 7)!
- First Level Prizes: A prize from the Treasure Chest + a FREE coupon book from the Used Book Emporium + a FREE ticket to Lakeside Amusement Park.
- Second Level Prizes: Your Choice of three sponsor coupons + a FREE book from the Friends of the Longmont Library.
A SUPER BIG THANK YOU to our generous local sponsors:
The Summer Reading Program ends Saturday, August 11, 2018
All punch cards and forms must be completed and turned in by August 11. No prizes will be given out after that date. All prizes are while supplies last.
Be Sure to Check our all our Great Summer Events, Too!
Important Notices Regarding Our Summer Reading Programs:
- Summer Reading Programs are about reading and earning prizes -- summer activities and programs are separate from the reading programs and do not require participation in the reading programs.
- Our Summer Reading Programs are at your pace. As soon as you finish your first reading level, come in for your prizes and start on your next one. We'll be ready for you whenever it works for your family's schedule. No need to worry any more about being out of town and missing out on your prizes. Last day to pick up prizes is August 11.
- To obtain more information about these Summer Reading Programs, please call the Library at 303-651-8477 or stop by the Children's Information Desk.
- Registration is required. Click on the button below.
- Comuníquese con Amy al 303-651-8783 para información en español.