As anyone who has attended a good author talk knows, authors are often the best storytellers and most engaging speakers. They use words for a living and sharing stories is their passion!
At the Longmont Public Library, we love authors as much as our readers do, and our programming librarians delight in connecting readers and writers for shared experiences. Have an idea for a great author you'd like to see on this list? Drop us a line by email or give us a call at (303) 651-8472. We'd love to hear from you. In the meantime, we hope to see you at our author talks!
Upcoming Events in the Series
- Saturday, February 9, 1 to 3:30 pm (Add to Calendar)
- For the seventh year, the Library is offering local fans an opportunity to meet dozens of local and Colorado authors at the “Authors We Love Open House.”
- Readers can browse from table to table, meeting authors, asking questions, and even buying books. There will be published authors of fiction, nonfiction, adult, children’s, and young adult books, plus genres and subjects galore.
- This is a relaxed and fun atmosphere to get to know lots of creative Coloradans and maybe even get some inspiration for your own writing.
- No registration is required and all ages are welcome.
- Are you a local author who would like to attend our open house? Apply below!
Important Notices Regarding Our Programs and Events:
- It's always a good idea to check our Calendar for last-minute changes or cancellations.
- To obtain more information about these programs and events, please call the Library at 303-651-8472.
- All programs and events are free, unless otherwise noted.
- Registration is required for all programs, unless otherwise noted below. Please register by clicking or tapping the "Register" button. If you do not have an email address, you may register by calling 303-651-8472 or visiting the information desk on the Library's Second Floor. Registration will be open approximately 30-45 days prior to the event or program and will close at 3 pm the day of the program.
- Stand-by Registration: Sometimes we have people register for programs or events and then cancel or not show up. If you are unable to register for a program but would like to attend, you may come to the Library 30 minutes before the program starts to stand-by for open seats. You will be provided a numbered card, indicating your place in the stand-by line and we will call numbers when/if seating becomes available.
- All programs and events are held at the Library, unless otherwise noted.
- If you require reasonable accommodation(s) in order to participate in these programs, please call (303) 651-8472.
- Missed a program? Visit our Watch a Recent Program page or check out our YouTube playlist -- we record many programs, so you may be in luck. And if you subscribe to our YouTube playlist, you'll be notified each time we add a new recorded program.
- Comuníquese con Amy al 303-651-8783 para información en español.
- These programs are generously funded by the Friends of the Longmont Library.
We Use Eventbrite.com to register for Adult Programs because Eventbrite:
- is convenient -- access it through an app on your phone or tablet, or through the web on your computer or laptop;
- automatically delivers reminder and cancellation emails to you;
- allows you to reserve up to 6 tickets in your name;
- can handle ticket reservations for very large events; and
- will list all our programs in one place, making it easier to register for multiple library programs at once.
Registering through Eventbrite.com is super easy:
Step 1: Create an account on Eventbrite.com.
Step 2: Type "Longmont Public Library" in the Search box to search "Longmont, CO."
Step 3: You will see a list of upcoming events and programs at the Library. Click or tap on the one you'd like to register for.
Step 4: You'll see more information about the program and a green button on the right titled "Register." Click or tap there to register for the program.
If you do not have an email address or are more comfortable making your registration by phone, that option will still be available. Childrens and Teens program registration will continue through the current system for now.
If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to an adult services librarian on the 2nd floor, or call (303) 651-8472.