They say you learn something new every day...
Now your Library can help you make that happen.
Learn with Lynda.com - FREE with your library card!
Until December 20, the Library is providing access to all of Lynda.com's library of classes and tutorials, and we're sharing them with you for no charge! If you've used Lynda.com in the past, you know how easy, interesting, and helpful its classes are, and if you aren't familiar with Lynda, you're in for a great surprise.
Lynda.com is a premier online learning resource offering more than 4,000 courses covering technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more. Lynda for Libraries allows you to watch videos in small, easy-to-manage chunks and to return to the lessons at your convenience.
Course offerings include:
- Art, graphic design, and music classes, teaching everything from 3D animation to engineering sounds to the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and more);
- Help with computer programs, including basic videos on how to use Microsoft Office;
- Courses that can help you with your career; everything from public speaking to marketing to dealing with workplace issues;
- Computer programming, IT management (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), and web design;
- Photography and video;
- and much more!
How do you sign up?
Just access Lynda.com through the Library's website at home or in the Library, create a profile by entering your library card number, create a password, and you're good to go. But be sure to take the classes you want soon -- our subscription (and your access) ends December 20, 2019!
Why is Lynda.com going away?
Learning Express is another great option for busy adults who are looking to further their professional knowledge or expertise:
With Learning Express, you can:
- Explore over 1,000 occupations and get matches for your interests
- Learn computer skills such as Microsoft products, Photoshop, and more
- Practice for occupational tests including Civil Service, EMT, Firefighter, Nursing, Real Estate, Teaching, and Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Get ready for the GED test by taking courses an practicing the tests (tests are offered in Spanish, too!)
- FREE to all library cardholders
Get ready to go further, NOW!
Grab your library card and click the button to get started.
Do You Know Someone Who Needs Help with Basic Computer Skills?
We've Got the Resource to Help!
Using DigitalLearn, you can learn how to:
- Get started on a computer, navigate a website, use email, conduct basic searches and more on a PC or Mac.
- Protect yourself online, including creating secure accounts and passwords, avoiding online scams, and how to best protect your internet privacy.
- Use Microsoft Word to create, format, and save a document.
- Create a resumé in Microsoft Word and conduct an online job search.
- Use cloud storage.
- Use Skype and Facebook.
- Buy a plane ticket online.
- Or, if you're 55+ and prefer a live classroom learning experience, check out all the great technology classes, labs, and clubs offered at the Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave. You can find them in the latest issue of The GO catalog.
Questions? Ask a librarian for help!