They say you learn something new every day...
Now your Library can help you make that happen!
Universal Class is a popular choice for busy adults who want or need to learn something new:
Universal Class is an online "university" offering more than 500 non-credit classes that you can take from the comfort of your own computer. And best of all, it's FREE to all library cardholders!
- High quality classes with real instructors available for consultation via email.
- Enroll in up to 5 classes at a time.
- Work through the course at your own pace, as long as you finish each class within six months of beginning it.
- Nearly 40 subject areas to choose from.
- It's FREE to all library cardholders! No kidding. No strings.
So if you wish you'd taken that physics class in high school or need to brush up on your computer skills, look no further. Want to know more about spirituality, psychology, or parenting? We've got you covered. Everything from real estate to medicine to photography is just a click away.
Start learning today!
Visit Universal Class to register, and get learning!
Areas of study currently available:
- Alternative Medicine
- Arts & Photography
- Career Training
- Computer Training
- Crafts & Hobbies
- General Education
- Health & Medicine
- Home & Garden
- How To / Do It Yourself
- Language Arts
- New Age
- Office Skills
- Parenting & Family
- Performing Arts
- Personal Care
- Pet & Animal Care
- Real Estate
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
- Special Education
- Spiritual Studies
- Teacher Resources
- Test Preparation
- Web Development
- Writing Skills
Learning Express is another great option for busy adults who are looking to further their professional knowledge or expertise:
With Learning Express, you can:
- Explore over 1,000 occupations and get matches for your interests
- Learn computer skills such as Microsoft products, Photoshop, and more
- Practice for occupational tests including Civil Service, EMT, Firefighter, Nursing, Real Estate, Teaching, and Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Get ready for the GED test by taking courses an practicing the tests (tests are offered in Spanish, too!)
- FREE to all library cardholders
Get ready to go further, NOW!
Grab your library card and click the button to get started.
Do You Know Someone Who Needs Help with Basic Computer Skills?
We've Got the Resource to Help!
Using DigitalLearn, you can learn how to:
- Get started on a computer, navigate a website, use email, conduct basic searches and more on a PC or Mac.
- Protect yourself online, including creating secure accounts and passwords, avoiding online scams, and how to best protect your internet privacy.
- Use Microsoft Word to create, format, and save a document.
- Create a resumé in Microsoft Word and conduct an online job search.
- Use cloud storage.
- Use Skype and Facebook.
- Buy a plane ticket online.
- Or, if you're 55+ and prefer a live classroom learning experience, check out all the great technology classes, labs, and clubs offered at the Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave. You can find them in the latest issue of The GO catalog.
Questions? Ask a librarian for help!