After five years as part of the Library Festival, this year the Library's annual You Belong Anthology steps into its own limelight as a stand-alone event! The published anthology will be the same book our community has embraced since its first publication, but with even more dedicated focus and appreciation.
Submit Your Work & Get Published!
Now is your chance to check the box on that long-held dream of being published. Sharpen your pencil, get a grip on that pen, or open your laptop to create a written masterpiece. Grab your camera and take that unforgettable shot. Pull out your charcoal or watercolors and capture an incredible moment. Then submit your original work to our You Belong staff for consideration to be included in the 2017 You Belong Anthology. With several years’ experience selecting and publishing local authors, playwrights, and artists, anthology staff are excited to begin the selection, editing and publication process. Longmont-area residents of all ages are invited to submit entries. The editorial committee will select works for publication from several writing genres, including fiction, personal narratives, poetry, essays, and children’s stories, as well as illustrations and photographs. Don't be shy - our community is full of talented people, and we suspect you're one of them.
Submit your work now.
The deadline for submission is Friday, September 8 at 5 pm. (Add Deadline to Calendar)
Come Celebrate the Publication and Release of the 2017 You Belong Anthology!
- Monday, October 9, 6:30 to 9 pm (Add to Calendar)
- Join us for a special open house celebration of the publication of the 2017 You Belong Anthology, chock full of amazing writing, illustrating, and photography by Longmont-area residents.
- Anthology copies will be available for purchase, and contributors will be on hand to read excepts from their works, answer questions, and meet other attendees.
- Support our local artists and writers -- don't miss this very special evening.
- No registration is required. Tell your friends, bring your family and join us!