Integrated Pest Management Plan
Please note that the term "pest" applies to animals, insects and weeds.
The City’s Integrated Pest Management Plan provides management guidelines that:
- Implement the mandates of the Colorado Noxious Weed Act by creating a plan for the control of noxious weeds using integrated control methods.
- Adhere to City Code.
- Consider the environmental, economic, and social impacts of different control methods.
- Protect visitor and applicator safety, water quality, non-target vegetation, federally protected endangered or threatened species, and local species of concern.
- Reduce the spread of pests from City of Longmont properties to adjacent or downstream/downwind properties.
Pesticide Application Schedule
West Nile Virus
For information on the City's mosquito control strategy, please visit our dedicated West Nile Virus webpage.
City Park & Property Treatments
Throughout the growing season, contractors are used to help in the control of broadleaf and grassy weeds in mowed areas of City parks and properties.
Certain areas are treated more specifically during the growing season. Use the list below to see a weekly report of select treatment areas.
Please note that all treatments are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen activities. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.
Spray Area Tips
- Yellow flags are posted after each application; they will have the name and date of the application.
- Please wait until the yellow flags have been removed before allowing kids and pets onto those areas.
Thank you for your patience during this process. Please contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.