Search Activities and Programs
Seeking a specific class? Use the keyword or activity number search to be taken to our activity registration software.
Recreation Updates During COVID-19 Crisis
Updated Monday, April 27: All Recreation Facilities will be closed through Sunday, May 31.
In the interest of keeping residents and staff safe and healthy during the current public health crisis, the City of Longmont has closed many City facilities, including Recreation facilities, through Sunday, May 31. Golf courses are now open following health and safety guidelines related to COVID-19. To book a tee time, call your course of choice.
All Recreation programs* scheduled through May 31 have been cancelled. *Summer Day Camp care for ages 5-13 will be offered at a reduced capacity this summer, May 26-Aug 7, to support families who are reporting to work.
Additionally, all Recreation-organized programs; community events and community meetings; all community programs; programs, events and meetings organized by non-City entities that are held at Recreation facilities; and all community rentals of Recreation facilities, athletic fields and park shelters for public and private events will be cancelled effective through May 31.
Recreation staff are still working at this time providing support for online registrations, cleaning and sanitizing rooms and materials, working on projects that they don't often have time to work on, and preparing programs and facilities for when we reopen.
Answers to Your Questions
What happens to my Recreation Pass during the closure?
All 30-Day, 3-Month, and Annual pass expiration dates will be extended by the amount of time that Recreation facilities are closed. Annual passes with monthly payments will have their May 10th bill adjusted according to the closure period.
Can I still reserve Park Shelters for future dates?
Reservations are being accepted for dates after May 31. Any reservations made during times of Recreation shut-down will be refunded as park shelters will revert to first-come, first-served.
Are the Spring Athletics Sport Leagues affected by the closure?
There are no practices or games for Spring Athletics Sport leagues during times of Recreation shut-down.
Will I get a refund for classes that were cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 Crisis?
Yes. You will receive an email confirmation of refunds or household credits created as a result of those cancellations.
I am really missing my fitness class. Are there any online options for classes?
Yes. Check Longmont Recreation out on Facebook to see a variety of full-length fitness classes being posted. You can also visit the City of Longmont YouTube channel.
I have a question about my account. Is there anyone who can help me?
If you have any questions about your account, need help with online access, or have additional questions, you can email RecSupport@longmontcolorado.gov or leave a message at the Longmont Recreation Center 303-774-4800 or the St Vrain Memorial Building 303-651-8404. Staff will be checking phone messages daily, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm.
How can I find out the latest news about the Recreation facilities reopening or additional closures or cancellations?
Watch the main city communication page for additional announcements or follow us on Facebook at Longmont Recreation
Didn't find the answer to your question here?
Email us at RecSupport@LongmontColorado.gov
Recreation Services builds community through evolving, affordable recreation and leisure opportunities which encourage well being and enhance the quality of life.
- Summer 2020 Recreation Brochure: The Summer 2020 Recreation Brochure includes programming for end of April through August. Registration begins Tuesday, April 7, online and over the phone. Registrations can be taken over the phone: leave a message at our facilities and a staff member will contact you to take your registration. Phone registration numbers: St Vrain Memorial Blg 303-651-8404 and the Longmont Recreation Center 303-774-4800.
Activities and programs that are cancelled due to COVID facility closures will receive a full refund.
Due to COVID, this brochure will be online only - there will be no direct mailing to households nor hard copies printed. Please note that at the time of publication the COVID-19 response continued to be rapidly evolving and that the availability of programs and events within the pages are subject to current recommendations and may not be offered as listed. For the most up-to-date information, see the top header of this page for city news and visit rec.ci.longmont.co.us for online registration.
- Recreation Services is proud to take over stewardship of the Sandstone Ranch Visitor Center. Look for exciting offerings coming from Recreation Services! Go to Sandstone Ranch page.
- We're looking for instructors! Do you have knowledge of a particular subject, skills you would like to share with others, or perhaps a hobby that you would love to talk about? Whatever it might be, we're always in search of new class topics and would love to hear about your class idea. Please call us at 303-651-8404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return your message as soon as possible.
Recreation Services has a Lost and Abandoned Item area for items left behind within Recreation Facilities that are available for pick up at that facility's front desk. If we are able to identify the owner of the lost or abandoned item (e.g. wallet, keys, etc.), we contact the owner and hold the item for them at the facility's front desk. Unidentified items are kept for 30 days and then donated to local shelters.
Under the City's policy governing behavior at City facilities, Recreation Services posts current lists of all items that have been abandoned or found within Recreation Facilities for public review.
Lost and Abandoned Items:
- Listing at Centennial Pool, 1201 Alpine St
- Listing at the Longmont Recreation Center, 310 Quail Rd
- Listing at the St Vrain Memorial Building, 700 Longs Peak Ave
- Listing at Sunset Pool, 1900 Longs Peak Ave
- Listing at Longmont Ice Pavilion, 725 8th Ave
- Listing at Roosevelt Activity Pool, 903 8th Ave
- Listing at Kanemoto Activity Pool, 1151 S. Pratt Pkwy