Swimming Pools and Aquatic Programs
Swimming Pool Facilities
The city of Longmont has five swimming pools and operates Union Reservoir Swim Beach. View the Fee Information Page for details on the various Recreation Facility Passes and admission fees/packages available. Recreation Facility Passes are NOT accepted at Union Reservoir, separate use fees apply.
- Centennial Pool (indoor Lap Pool diving well, youth area)
- Longmont Recreation Center (indoor Lap Pool& Leisure Pool)
- Kanemoto Activity Pool (outdoor/seasonal | youth Leisure Pool )
- Roosevelt Activity Pool (outdoor/seasonal | youth Leisure Pool)
- Sunset Pool (outdoor/seasonal | Lap & Leisure Pool)
Work in Aquatics!
The City of Longmont is currently hiring the following positions to work at all City of Longmont pools:
- Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, and Water Safety Instructors (WSI).
- We hire for year round and summer only positions.
- If you have experience, and current aquatic certifications, apply online, TODAY!
- If you would like to start working in aquatics, take one of our upcoming certification classes, keyword search,"aquajob". Register Online
15 years old & up:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification includes CPR/AED, and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer. After successful completion, you are eligible to lifeguard at any City of Longmont aquatic facility and Union Reservoir.
- Longmont Swim Instructor (LSI) certification, become certified to teach City of Longmont pre-school and Blast swim lessons.
16 years old & up:
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors (WSI), become certified to teach American Red Cross swim lessons, and become qualified to teach City of Longmont pre-school and Blast swim lessons.
- Swim Lesson Programs – Longmont Recreation Services offers swimming lessons for children as young as 6 months through adults enjoying the golden years. Year-round swim classes are available at both Centennial Pool and the Longmont Recreation Center. Swimming lessons are also available at Sunset Pool during the summer months. Register Online: use age, starting month, desired location and day of week to filter down classes in the search screen.
- CARA Swim Team - Three different locations offer this recreation based Swim Teams for youth ages 6 to 18 years. Join either our year-round teams: Centennial Tsunamis or the Longmont Recreation Center Piranhas, or our Summer Sunset Swordfish Team. Register Online.
- Masters Swim Team - Longmont Masters is geared towards adult wanting a great coached workout with supportive team mates.
- Spring Board Diving Programs – Longmont Recreation Services offers year-round Springboard Diving Program complete with spring board diving lessons and a Diving Club.
- Unpaid College Internships - Longmont Recreation Services offers a limited number of unpaid recreation internships for individuals who need internship college credit towards a degree in the recreation or marketing field. Inquiries are accepted via email.