Due to COVID-19, Summer Swim Lessons will ONLY be offered at Sunset Pool
Due to Social Distancing precautions of maintaining 6ft of space between people, we have modified our swim lesson program.
- An adult (15yrs +) must be in the water with swim lesson participant for these classes:
- Aqua Baby, Aqua Tot, Turtle, Alligator, Seal, Beginning Blast, Blast 1, American Red Cross Levels 1, 2, 3.
- Don't worry! Click here to read information about what to expect while supporting your child in a swim lesson.
- The Swim Instructor will maintain 6ft away from the swim lesson participants in all classes.
- Class sizes will be maxed at 4 participants for those classes, and 6 participants for the advanced classes.
- Advanced Classes = no adult in the water
- Level 4, Blast 2, Blast 3, Teen 2, Adult 2
- We are not offering any Water Explorers, but we have lowered the age for Turtles to 2.5 years to accommodate any potential Water Explorers.
- All swim lessons are 30 minutes long, with 15 minutes between classes for cleaning and transition of swimmers.
- Masks must be worn while on the pool deck, but are recommended to be removed while in the water.
- No additional spectators allowed on deck.
- Help us keep our numbers down, and bring only the necessary people for the swim lesson.
- No more report cards, the Swim Instructor will tell you which class to sign your swimmer up for future sessions.
We will keep this webpage updated with any new swim lesson offerings for the fall.
Why should my child take swim lessons with City of Longmont Recreation Services?
Our staff includes highly trained swim instructors and on-deck supervisors committed to providing you with great lessons. Swim lesson instructors receive specific training for each program they teach as well as attending regular, on-going staff training to ensure your child receives the best possible instruction.
Our swim lesson management team helps provide on-deck assistance, help with lesson planning, as well as parent support—feel free to ask them anything about lessons!Which swim lesson is right for my child?
- Check out the swim lesson descriptions for the age range of your child.
- Call Sunset Pool 303-651-8300, to talk about class options with a Swim Lesson Guru, and/or arrange a free swim lesson evaluation.
How do I Register?
- Class offerings and registration is also available online at rec.ci.longmont.co.us with keyword search for specific classes desired.
- Click on the preferred day/time/location swim lesson button, above, and register online.
- Register over the phone or drop by in person at any recreation facility:
- Centennial Pool: 303-651-8406, 1201 Alpine St, Longmont, CO 80504
- Sunset Pool: 303-651-8300, 1900 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501 - seasonal summer facility
- Longmont Recreation Center: 303-774-4800, 310 Quail Rd, Longmont, CO 80501
- St Vrain Memorial Building: 303-651-8404, 700 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501