Longmont Recreation Center
Main Number: 303-774-4800
Recreation Area Supervisor
Updated June 23: Sunset Pool joins the Longmont Recreation Center, the St Vrain Memorial Building, and Centennial Pool in being open Monday, June 22. Reservations are required. Outdoor activity pools remain closed. Many outdoor park amenities have opened.
Sunset Pool welcomes patrons back beginning Monday, June 22, 2020 on a reservation-only basis joining the Longmont Recreation Center, the St Vrain Memorial Building, and Centennial Pool. The City of Longmont Recreation is allowed to reopen facilities as outlined in the Governor’s Safer-at-Home amendments presented last week and in consultation with Boulder County Public Health (BCPH). As with other facilities, guests will be asked to follow the general COVID-19 best practices, including wearing a face covering and maintaining social distance. Click here to learn more.Looking for help on how to do an online facility reservations? | Watch a video of how to make a facility reservation online | .
Longmont Recreation Center COVID Facility Hours
General Building Hours by Reservation Only
- Monday-Friday, 6:00am - 2:00pm and 3:00pm - 7:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 7:00am - 12:00pm
To make a reservation for the lap and leisure pool or fitness area/gym, please visit the online reservation page or call 303-774-4800.
2020 Modified Hours and Closure Dates (Subject to Change):
- July 4 - Fourth of July, TBD
- Sept 7 - Labor Day, TBD
- Dec 24 - Christmas Eve, TBD
- Dec 25 - CLOSED
- Dec 31 - New Year's Eve, TBD
- Jan 1 - New Year's Day, TBD
Swimming Pool Information
To view all pool hours and reservation options, please visit the Longmont Recreation Center Pool Web-page.
Gymnasium Courts Information
To make a reservation for the fitness area/gym, please visit the online reservation page or call 303-774-4800.
Babysitting Room Hours - CURRENTLY CLOSED
Parent/guardian must be in the facility. Ages 6 months to 7 years. Rates: $3.00 per hour, with 1/2 hour minimum, 2 hour maximum. $60 for 20 hour pass card. Included with Family Passes. Hours subject to change.
|Day||Time (Morning)||Time (Evening)|
Climbing Wall Hours - CURRENTLY CLOSED
Signed waiver required. Those under 18 must have waiver signed by parent/guardian. Youth 8 years and under must climb with parent/guardian present. Closed toe climbing shoes or tennis shoes required. No minimum age - must safely fit into city harness (staff discretion). Wall may be closed during climbing class time.
- (Summer hours) 12:00pm - 8:00pm;
- (Fall/Winter/Spring hours) 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday/Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- School-Out Hours: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Skate Park Hours
- Daily - Sunrise to Sunset (weather permitting)
Fitness in the Park classes, virtual ZOOM classes and in-person classes begin Monday, July 15. Click here for details and registration information.
Birthday Parties - CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Longmont Recreation Center hosts birthday parties for individuals of all ages. Rent out the party room or climbing wall or both! General admission and use of the facility- such as the pool and gymnasium-- is included for up to 10 individuals, including adults.
$80 per party. For groups larger than 10, an additional group rate will be applied for up to 20 people.
Fee is due at time of booking. Cancellation fee is $5.00 if you cancel 7 or more days prior to the event. If you cancel less than 7 days prior, you will receive half your rental fee minus the $5.00 cancellation fee.
Room rental includes tables and chairs along with use of the pool, gym and climbing wall (when open) before and/or after the room rental.
If you prefer, a dedicated hour of climbing wall time can be arranged for an additional charge of $30/hour for every 10 children. Climbing wall birthday party reservations are not available during climbing class and/or open climbing wall times. Climbing Wall Party Packet Information must be completed and turned in on party day: all parents/guardians must sign the climbing wall waiver for party participants.
- Download the English Climbing Wall Waiver
- Download the Party Climbing Wall Waiver
- Download the Spanish Climbing Wall Waiver
Poolside Party Space - CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
Enjoy a reserved, dedicated deck space under the slides by the leisure pool for your birthday party needs. Have your cake and eat it too by the pool! Room for up to 16 people. $80 for up to two hours. Admission not included.
Longmont Recreation Center Facility Features
- Lap Pool: 6 lanes, 25 yards. Deep end with a 1 meter diving board. Basketball hoop.
- Leisure Pool: Lazy River, Tube Slide, Body Slide, zero depth entry, Water Fall, Fountain Tot and Slide area and more. Diving boards, basketball hoop, water slides, lazy river and spray amenities are turned off during swim lesson times and some fitness classes.
- Gymnasium: 3 court basketball with retractable dividing screens, multiple volleyball setups,and feature court with bleacher setup available.
- Fitness Area: 3 lane 0.1 mile track, rowers, steppers, treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, selectorized weight machines, incline/decline/flat benches, smith/squat racks, cable crossover/functional trainer, free weights, seated calf, sled, back extension, mats and fit balls.
- Aerobics Room: Large suspended wood floor, ballet bars, hand weights, bands, fit balls, body bars, heavy bag, indoor cycling bikes, steps and yoga mats.
- Weight Room: The weight room is available during our open facility hours. Ages 13 and under are not allowed in the weight room or on the track. Ages 14 and 15 are allowed in the weight room with an adult working out with them, or a City of Longmont weight room orientation card.
- Climbing Wall: A 30 foot wall built by Eldorado Wall Company; the area equals 1,000 square feet in climbing space. 2 floors high, 5 ropes, overhangs, traverses, easy and difficult routes, padded dismount floor with floor anchors. Bouldering line up to 12 feet. Routes for different ability levels ranging from 5.6 to 5.12+, changed regularly. Climbing staff on site at designated open hours for guidance and safety. Helmets and harnesses, belay devices and lead climbing equipment provided. If you choose to use your own equipment, it must be approved for use by staff. Use of belay devices is required.
- Temperatures: At the Longmont Recreation Center the lap pool is 82 degrees; the leisure pool is 86 degrees. The steam room is 112 degrees, the Sauna 175 degrees and the spa 102 degrees.