Longmont Recreation Center
Main Number: 303-774-4800
Recreation Area Supervisor
The Longmont Recreation Center is a one-stop recreation facility offering an indoor running track, weight room with free weights and selectorized machines, cardio equipment and aerobics room, multi-court gymnasium, climbing wall, classroom/party room and game room, lap pool (6 lanes, 25 yards), leisure pool with water-slides, lazy river, and interactive play features, baby sitting, and steam and dry saunas and spa.Vending machines are available in the lobby area.
No membership is required: our facility is open to both residents of Longmont and non-residents. Go to admittance fee page for drop-in and pass information.
Longmont Recreation Center Facility Hours:
General Building Hours
- Monday-Friday, 5:00am - 10:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 7:00am - 6:00pm
No slides/water features are on during swim lessons and some fitness classes
Lap Pool Hours:
- Monday-Friday, 5am - 9:30pm
- Saturday/Sunday, 7am - 5:30pm
(Click for an alternate version of the 2018 Lap Pool Schedule, effective October 15)
(Click for the list of program and lap lane changes effective October 9, due to Sunset Pool closing for the season)
Leisure Pool Hours:
- Monday-Friday, 9:00am - 9:30pm
- Saturday, 9:00am-5:30pm
- Sunday, 11:00am - 5:30pm
Slides/Pool Features Hours:
- Mon, 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Tue, 11:00am - 4:00pm & 7:00pm - 9:30pm
- Wed, 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Thurs, 11:00am - 4:00pm & 7:00pm - 9:30pm
- Fri, 11:00am - 9:30pm
- Sat, 11:00am - 5:30pm
- Sun, 11:00am - 5:30pm
2018 Modified Hours and Closure Dates
- Sept. 3 - Labor Day, 10am - 4pm
- Nov. 22 - Thanksgiving, Closed
- Dec 24 & Dec 31 - Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve, 7am - 3pm
- Dec 25 and Jan 1 - Christmas & New Year's Day, Closed
(Special 1-2:30pm Zumba® on Jan 1 - No general facility use, passes excluded)
Gymnasium Courts Information (Subject to Change)
Adult Drop-In Basketball
Come play basketball with other adults at the Longmont Recreation Center. Monday-Friday 11:30am-1:30pm & Sunday 7am-10am.
Adult Drop-In Volleyball
Come play volleyball with other adults at the Longmont Recreation Center. Fridays 7am-1pm & 7pm-9pm.
Check out this fun, unique game best described as a hybrid of tennis & badminton. Come play some pickleball with other adults at the Longmont Recreation Center. Monday-Thursday 2pm-4pm & M/W/F 7am-9am & Sun 1pm-3pm.
Babysitting Room Hours
Parent/guardian must be in the facility. Ages 6 months to 7 years. Rates: $3.00 per hour, with 1/2 hour minimum, 2 hour maximum. $60 for 20 hour pass card. Included with Family Passes. Hours subject to change.
- Monday-Friday, 7:45am - 1:30pm
- Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday, 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Sunday, 8:30am - 1:00pm
Climbing Wall Hours
Signed waiver required. Those under 18 must have waiver signed by parent/guardian. Youth 8 years and under must climb with parent/guardian present. Closed toe climbing shoes or tennis shoes required. No minimum age - must safely fit into city harness (staff discretion). Wall may be closed during climbing class time.
- Monday-Friday 4:30pm - 8:30pm
- Saturday/Sunday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- School Out Hours 12:00pm-8:30pm
Skate Park Hours
- Daily - Sunrise to Sunset (weather permitting)
The Longmont Recreation Center offers a wide range of land fitness and water fitness classes throughout the week. Updated fitness schedules are available for pick up at any of our Recreation facilities or download on the fitness page.
Longmont Recreation Center hosts birthday parties for individuals of all ages. Rent out the party room or climbing wall or both! General admission and use of the facility- such as the pool and gymnasium-- is included for up to 10 individuals, including adults.
$80 per party. For groups larger than 10, an additional group rate will be applied for up to 20 people.
Fee is due at time of booking. Cancellation fee is $5.00 if you cancel 7 or more days prior to the event. If you cancel less than 7 days prior, you will receive half your rental fee minus the $5.00 cancellation fee.
Room rental includes tables and chairs along with use of the pool, gym and climbing wall (when open) before and/or after the room rental. If you prefer, a dedicated hour of climbing wall time can be arranged for an additional charge of $30/hour for every 10 children. Climbing wall birthday party reservations are not available during climbing class and/or open climbing wall times. Climbing Wall Party Packet Information must be completed and turned in on party day: all parents/guardians must sign the climbing wall waiver for party participants.
Poolside Party Space
Enjoy a reserved, dedicated deck space under the slides by the leisure pool for your birthday party needs. Have your cake and eat it too by the pool! Room for up to 16 people. $80 for up to two hours. Admission not included.
Longmont Recreation Center Facility Features:
- Lap Pool: 6 lanes, 25 yards. Deep end with a 1 meter diving board. Basketball hoop.
- Leisure Pool: Lazy River, Tube Slide, Body Slide, zero depth entry, Water Fall, Fountain Tot and Slide area and more. Diving boards, basketball hoop, water slides, lazy river and spray amenities are turned off during swim lesson times and some fitness classes.
- Gymnasium: 3 court basketball with retractable dividing screens, multiple volleyball setups,and feature court with bleacher setup available.
- Fitness Area: 3 lane 0.1 mile track, rowers, steppers, treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, selectorized weight machines, incline/decline/flat benches, smith/squat racks, cable crossover/functional trainer, free weights, seated calf, sled, back extension, mats and fit balls.
- Aerobics Room: Large suspended wood floor, Ballet Bars, hand weights, bands, fit balls, body bars, heavy bag, indoor cycling bikes, steps and yoga mats.
- Weight Room: The weight room is available during our open facility hours. Ages 13 and under are not allowed in the weight room or on the track. Ages 14 and 15 are allowed in the weight room with an adult working out with them, or a City of Longmont weight room orientation card.
- Climbing Wall: A 30 foot wall built by Eldorado Wall Company; the area equals 1,000 square feet in climbing space. 2 floors high, 5 ropes, overhangs, traverses, easy and difficult routes, padded dismount floor with floor anchors. Bouldering line up to 12 feet. Routes for different ability levels ranging from 5.6 to 5.12+, changed regularly. Climbing staff on site at designated open hours for guidance and safety. Helmets and harnesses, belay devices and lead climbing equipment provided by the center. If you choose to use your own equipment, it must be pre-checked by staff. You must use the centers belay devices
- Private Parties at the Climbing Wall or private instruction: general admission additional
1st hour, 1 instructor, approximately 1-10 people $30: 1st hour, 2 instructors, approximately 11-20 people $60
each additional hour - $30 per instructor
- Temperatures: At the Longmont Recreation Center the lap pool is 82 degrees; the leisure pool is 86 degrees. The steam room is 112 degrees, the Sauna 175 degrees and the spa 102 degrees.