1900 Longs Peak Ave.
Longmont, CO 80501
Main: (303) 651-8300
October 8, 2018
Sunset Pool is CLOSED for the Season
Thank you to everyone who stayed with us throughout the cold mornings this fall, we enjoyed seeing your smiling faces through the fog and sunny fall days!
The bath-house at Sunset Pool was built as a summer only facility, and with the overnight temperatures dropping below freezing, we are concerned about freezing pipes. So, sad as we are, we have decided to turn in the towel, and finally say good-bye to summer.
Sunset Pool is a heated outdoor pool with six lap lanes, a large wading area, three diving boards, and two fast and fun water-slides. The pool is surrounded by both grass and sand areas with magnificent mountain views - a complete attraction for the entire family! Pool depth ranges from approximately 6 inches deep at the shallow end to 11 feet deep in the diving well.
No membership is required, our facility is open to both residents of Longmont and non-residents. Everyone who enters the facility is charged the admittance fees. To see the fee schedule, please visit the admittance fee page.
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-5pm
*Lap swims may share pool space with other activities and as few as two lanes may be available. Circle swimming is encouraged. The facility will close 15 minutes after the last swimming session. Please plan your shower/changing times accordingly.
**Diving Boards open at 10am Monday-Friday. Slides turn on at 1pm Monday-Friday.
- Everyone who enters Sunset Pool must pay the appropriate admittance fee, whether you choose to swim or not.
- Patrons participating in swimming and diving lessons will have to pay admittance fees if they choose to participate in Open/Lap Swim, unless entrance fee is noted and included with program registration fee.
- All patrons must vacate Sunset Pool approximately 15 minutes after the end of their last lesson. Please plan your shower time accordingly.
- 20-visit passes, annual passes and quarterly passes are accepted. More information available on the admittance fee page.
- There are NO refunds for admittance fees due to weather-related closures. If in doubt of the weather, please ask for a receipt when paying - this receipt may be used at an indoor City of Longmont Recreation facility during the same day of the weather closure.
- Sunset Pool strives to remain open during all scheduled hours, but for safety reasons cannot be open during heavy rains, lightning and thunder.
Rules for Lap Swim Periods
- Share pool space with other activities.
- Circle swimming is encouraged.
- Slides and Diving Boards will NOT be available for use.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 6am -7am
- Tuesday/Thursday, 12pm-1pm
- Saturday, 6:45am-8am
Deep Water Aerobics:
- Monday-Friday, 9am-10am
- Monday/Wednesday, 6-7pm- Ends October 3
- Saturday, 10am-11am
- Sunday, 11am-12pm
- Tuesday/Thursday, 7am-8am
Rentals & ReservationsSunset Pool is available for parties and facility rentals! Hold your own special event at Recreation Services' Sunset Pool! Reserve a special time before and after regularly scheduled hours. For rentals during pool hours, admission fees must be paid in full at the time of your get together.
Rental times and dates are limited.
Rental time is started when the facility is open to the group and ends when the facility is empty and locked at the completion of the rental. When making your reservation, consider the time needed to set up decorations as well as the clean up and shower time of your guests. Prices can be adjusted to accommodate this extra time. The entire rental fee is due when making the reservation. All necessary staff is included in the rental fee.
Call Centennial Pool (303) 651-8406 or Sunset Pool (when open for the season) (303) 651-8300 - with any questions and to reserve over the phone with a debit/credit card. Any other method of payment can be done at Centennial Pool and Sunset Pool front desk. Full payment is due at the time of reservation.