Sunset Pool Main Number: 303-651-8300
Sunset Pool is closed until the start of the summer 2018 season in late May. See you then!
HIRING for Aquatic Staff!
We are looking for daytime Lifeguards and Assistant Pool Managers to work during the school year at Centennial Pool and the Longmont Recreation Center. Hours vary, Monday through Friday, between 5am and 4pm (depends on availability). Pay $11/hr, DOQ.
Sunset Pool is a heated outdoor pool with six lap lanes, a large wading area, three diving boards, and two fast and fun water-slides. The pool is surrounded by both grass and sand areas with magnificent mountain views - a complete attraction for the entire family! Pool depth ranges from approximately 6 inches deep at the shallow end to 11 feet deep in the diving well.
No membership is required, our facility is open to both residents of Longmont and non-residents. Everyone who enters the facility is charged the admittance fees. To see the fee schedule, please visit the admittance fee page.
Post-Summer Hours: August 14-September 3
*Lap swims may share pool space with other activities and as few as two lanes may be available. Circle swimming is encouraged. The facility will close 15 minutes after the last swimming session. Please plan your shower/changing times accordingly.
*Slides turn on at 1pm Monday-Friday. No groups before 12:30pm Monday-Friday.
September 4, Monday - Labor Day, 10am-5pm
- Everyone who enters Sunset Pool must pay the appropriate admittance fee, whether you choose to swim or not.
- Patrons participating in swimming and diving lessons will have to pay admittance fees if they choose to participate in Open/Lap Swim, unless entrance fee is noted and included with program registration fee.
- All patrons must vacate Sunset Pool approximately 15 minutes after the end of their last lesson. Please plan your shower time accordingly.
- 20-visit passes, annual passes and quarterly passes are accepted. More information available on the admittance fee page.
- There are NO refunds for admittance fees due to weather-related closures. If in doubt of the weather, please ask for a receipt when paying - this receipt may be used at an indoor City of Longmont Recreation facility during the same day of the weather closure.
- Sunset Pool strives to remain open during all scheduled hours, but for safety reasons cannot be open during heavy rains, lightning and thunder.
- If paid drop-in admission; receipts will be issued to use indoor facilities only IF Sunset Pool permanently closes for the remainder of the day.
Rules for Lap Swim Periods
- Share pool space with other activities.
- Circle swimming is encouraged.
- Slides and Diving Boards will NOT be available for use.
Masters Swimming: May 30-September 2
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday, 6am -7am
- Tuesday/Thursday, 12pm-1pm
- Saturday, 6:45am-8am
Deep Water Aerobics: May 30-September 1
- Monday-Friday, 9am-10am
- Tuesday, 12pm-1pm
Aqua Zumba®: May 31-September 3
- Wednesday/Friday, 12pm-1pm
- Sunday, 11am-12pm
Flexibility: June 1-August 31
- Thursday, 8am-8:45am
Fluid Running: June 6-August 10
- Tuesday/Thursday, 7am-8am
TRX for Teens: June 5-August 9
- Tuesday/Thursday, 9:15am-10am
Rentals & ReservationsSunset Pool is available for parties and facility rentals! Hold your own special event at Recreation Services' Sunset Pool! Reserve a special time before and after regularly scheduled hours. For rentals during pool hours, admission fees must be paid in full at the time of your get together.
Rental times and dates are limited.
Rental time is started when the facility is open to the group and ends when the facility is empty and locked at the completion of the rental. When making your reservation, consider the time needed to set up decorations as well as the clean up and shower time of your guests. Prices can be adjusted to accommodate this extra time. The entire rental fee is due when making the reservation. All necessary staff is included in the rental fee.
Call Centennial Pool (303) 651-8406 or Sunset Pool (when open for the season) (303) 651-8300 - with any questions and to reserve over the phone with a debit/credit card. Any other method of payment can be done at Centennial Pool and Sunset Pool front desk. Full payment is due at the time of reservation.