City of Longmont Recreation and Golf Services is involved in offering a wide range of special events throughout the calendar year.
- Denver Nuggets Skill Challenge - Longmont Recreation Services presents a FREE competition that allows boys and girls, ages 7 through 14 (as of April 30, 2015) to showcase their talents in dribbling, passing, and shooting a basketball. Co-sponsored by the Colorado Parks and Recreation Association, Denver Nuggets, and the Colorado Beef Council. Top scorers in each age group will advance to sectional competition. Entry forms available at noon at the Longmont Recreation Center. Jan. 7, 2017, 1 pm
- Parent's Night Out -Enjoy an evening without the kids ages 5-10 years old while they have a blast at a supervised evening of swimming and a movie. Light dinner and snacks included. Jan 14, 2017, 5-9 pm.
- Windows To Wellness – Longmont Recreation Services’ Windows to Wellness Fair is your New Year's Resolution Fair! It provides the opportunity to try a variety of alternative wellness options, shop at the Wellness Market, and take part in free workshops at the Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave. Jan 21, 2017, 9 am-2 pm.
- Parent's Night Out -Enjoy an evening without the kids ages 5-10 years old while they have a blast at a supervised evening of swimming and a movie. Light dinner and snacks included. Feb. 11, 2017, 5-9 pm.
- Winter Sprinter - A Swim Meet for Adults - Join us for a morning of camaraderie! Swimming distances range from 50 to 500 yards. Feb 12, 2017, 8:30am.
- March Meltdown at the Ice Pavilion - Help us celebrate the end of another great ice skating season! Enjoy free ice cream (while supplies last) and painting on the ice from 1:30-6pm Sunday, March 12. Regular admittance fees apply.
- Parent's Night Out -Enjoy an evening without the kids ages 5-10 years old while they have a blast at a supervised evening of swimming and a movie. Light dinner and snacks included. Mar 18, 2017, 5-9 pm.
- Underwater Easter Egg Hunt –This unique event is a fun opportunity for youth to retrieve weighted eggs from the water at Centennial Pool. April 15, 2017. Doors open at 1 pm with egg hunt starting at 1:30 pm.
- Parent's Night Out -Enjoy an evening without the kids ages 5-10 years old while they have a blast at a supervised evening of swimming and a movie. Light dinner and snacks included. April 8, 2017, 5-9 pm.
- Sunset Pool Opens – The City's large and unique outdoor pool opens annually Memorial Weekend through Labor Day.
- Longmont Kids Only Triathlon – The Kids Only Triathlon is for youth ages 7 – 17. Event will be held Saturday, June 3, 2017 at Centennial Pool. Register at any Longmont Recreation facility, the City's website or active.com.
Looking to volunteer? Check out volunteer opportunities with Longmont Recreation Services!
- Longmont Triathlon and Try-a-Tri – Join us for the 37th year of the Longmont Triathlon, the longest running triathlon in Colorado. Sunday, June 4, 2017. First wave starts at 6:45am for Sprint Distance racers. Try-a-Tri will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2017, directly after the Kids Only Triathlon.
- Rockies Skill Challenge - Youth ages 6-13 as of December 31, 2017, will compete in throwing, running and hitting. Boys and girls compete separately. Winners advance to the sectional competition and then onto the state competition in August.
- Longmont Kinetics Sculpture Race at Union Reservoir | June 24, 2017. The City of Longmont and Kineticists proudly sponsor this fun, family-friendly event that provides unique entertainment in the form of human-powered Kinetic Sculptures. Event will be at Union Reservoir, 0461 WCR 26, Longmont. Click here to register.
- Rhythm on the River – Longmont Recreation Services, along with a multitude of local community partners, presents the Annual Rhythm on the River, Longmont’s Signature Event. July 7 and 8, 2017.
- Roger’s River Run 5k – Longmont Recreation Services offers the Roger’s River Run 5K as part of the Rhythm on the River activities. Friday, July 7, 2017.
- Adult Glow Swim - Break out your glow gear and join the party at Sunset Pool, 1900 Longs Peak Avenue, from 9:30 to 11:30 pm on Thursday, July 20. Enjoy glow-themed games, music, and of course, swimming! The cost is $8/person or $14/couple at the gate; recreation passes are not valid. Don’t miss this fun, alcohol-free event geared for adults 18 and older. For more information, call 303-651-8406. No registration needed.
- End of Summer Dog Swims at Activity Pools - Aug 15 & 16, 2017
After the Activity Pools are closed to the general human public, the pool chemicals are neutralized so the water is safe for dogs. All friendly dogs are welcome; balls and bags will be provided. Visit the multiple dog-friendly vendors. No people swimming and thank you for picking up after your pooch! Fee is $3 per dog; Recreation passes are not valid. For more information, call 303-651-8406.
- Sunset Pool closes for the season on Monday, Sept. 4, Labor Day.
- Autumn Celebration at Sandstone Ranch Visitors Center 10am-1pm, Saturday, September 30
Enjoy a special fall outing for children and their families at the Sandstone Ranch Visitors & Learning Center, 3001 Sandstone Drive. Participants will have fun with pumpkin crafts, storytellers, a scavenger hunt and more! $10/ family suggested donation.
- Halloween Parade – Longmont Recreation Services presents the Annual Halloween Parade, a walking parade for youth and their families to show off their costume creations. Saturday, October 28. 9:30 am line up, 10 am parade.
- Trick or Treat - The City of Longmont does not designate a specific date for Halloween Trick or Treating. Traditionally, Trick or Treating in Longmont occurs in the early evening hours of Halloween, October 31, regardless of the day of the week.
- Turkey Trot – Longmont Recreation Services presents the Annual Turkey Trot 10K and 2 mile run/walk benefiting the Longmont Recreation Services Youth Scholarship Fund. Nov. 11, 2017, 9 am
- Longmont Lights Santa's Workshop- Longmont Recreation Services offers an evening for parents and their children 1 to 9 years of age to visit Santa and enjoy crafts at Santa's Workshop Friday evening of Longmont Lights. Dec. 8, 2017, 5 to 8 pm
- Longmont Lights Holiday Parade - Longmont Recreation Services hosts a special night Longmont Lights Holiday Parade with all the lights and magic of the holidays. Dec. 9, 2017, 5 pm