City of Longmont Recreation and Golf Services is involved in offering a wide range of special events throughout the calendar year. Details are subject to change.
- Denver Nuggets Skill Challenge - Longmont Recreation Services presents a FREE competition that allows boys and girls, ages 6 through 13 (as of April 30, 2019) to showcase their talents in dribbling, passing, and shooting a basketball. Co-sponsored by the Colorado Parks and Recreation Association and the Denver Nuggets. Top scorers in each age group will advance to sectional competition. Entry forms available at 12:30pm at the Longmont Recreation Center. Jan. 5, 2019, 1 pm
- Windows To Wellness – Longmont Recreation Services’ Windows to Wellness Fair is your New Year's Resolution Fair! It provides the opportunity to try a variety of alternative wellness options, shop at the Wellness Market, and take part in free workshops at the Longmont Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave. Feb. 9, 2019, 9am-2pm. Doors open at 8:30am.
- Registration begins for Longmont Summer Day Camp February 1 - LongmontColorado.gov/SummerDayCamp
- Spirit of Arbor Day Tree Sale March 11-April 8 - Forestry Services is coordinating a community tree sale for Longmont residents. During these dates, residents will be able to view and purchase trees online at LongmontColorado.gov/forestry or by calling 303-651-8416. A variety of trees will be available at below wholesale cost of $80 each (2 tree limit per person).
- Underwater Easter Egg Hunt –This unique event is a fun opportunity for youth to retrieve weighted eggs from the water at Centennial Pool. April 20, 2019. Doors open at 1pm and the hunt begins at 1:30pm. (dependent upon Centennial Pool being open)
- Sunset Pool Opens – The City's large and unique outdoor pool opens annually Memorial Weekend through Labor Day.
- Longmont Kids Only Triathlon – The Kids Only Triathlon is for youth ages 7 – 17. Event will be held Saturday, June 1, 2019 at Centennial Pool. Register at any Longmont Recreation facility, the City's website or active.com. (dependent upon Centennial Pool being open) Looking to volunteer? Check out volunteer opportunities with Longmont Recreation Services!
- Longmont Triathlon and Try-a-Tri – Join us for the 39th year of the Longmont Triathlon, the longest running triathlon in Colorado. Sunday, June 2, 2019. First wave starts at 6:45am for Sprint Distance racers. Try-a-Tri will be held on Saturday, June 1, 2019, directly after the Kids Only Triathlon. (dependent upon Centennial Pool being open)
- Rockies Skill Challenge - 2019 TBA Youth ages 6-13 as of December 31, 2018, will compete in throwing, running and hitting. Boys and girls compete separately. Winners advance to the sectional competition and then onto the state competition in August.
- Rhythm on the River – Longmont Recreation Services, along with a multitude of local community partners, presents the Annual Rhythm on the River, Longmont’s Signature Event. July 12 and 13, 2019.
- Longmont Kinetics at Rhythm on the River. TBA The City of Longmont and Kineticists proudly sponsor this fun, family-friendly event that provides unique entertainment in the form of human-powered Kinetic Sculptures.
- Roger’s River Run 5k – Longmont Recreation Services offers the Roger’s River Run 5K as part of the Rhythm on the River activities. Friday, July 12, 2019
- End of Summer Dog Swims at Roosevelt Activity Pool - Aug 13 & 14, 2019, 9am-12pm & 4pm-7pm (subject to change)
After the Activity Pools are closed to the general human public, the pool chemicals are neutralized so the water is safe for dogs. All friendly dogs are welcome; balls and bags will be provided. Visit the multiple dog-friendly vendors. No people swimming and thank you for picking up after your pooch! Fee is $4 per dog; Recreation passes are not valid. For more information, call 303-651-8406.
- Fall Harvest at Sandstone Ranch Visitors Center 10am-1pm TBA
Enjoy a special fall outing for children and their families at the Sandstone Ranch Visitors & Learning Center, 3001 Sandstone Drive. Participants will have fun with pumpkin crafts, games, music and more! $10/family or $3/person suggested donation, collected at event. No registration needed.
- Strider Racing Rough Rider Race - Join Longmont Recreation Services for a race for the youngest of riders at Willow Farm Barn Park. Youth ages 2 to 5 compete in age-specific divisions in the fun race in a supportive atmosphere. Enjoy a "try a strider" station before or after the races with six tester strider bikes provided by sponsor Play-It Again Sports. Strider bike bells and participation ribbons are given to each participant with first place awards given in each age category. The race course will be along the scenic sidewalks within Willow Farm Park. Bring your bike and helmet to participate; a police officer will be on-site to check helmets and assist with proper fit. Preregistration is required to ensure adequate post-race treats. Fee is $15 per racer (no refunds): register online, keyword "strider". Saturday, October 5, 2019. 9am check-in. 9:30am race start with 2 year olds. Subject to change.
- Halloween Parade – Longmont Recreation Services presents the Annual Halloween
Parade, a walking parade for youth and their families to show off their costume creations. Saturday, October 26, 2019. 9:30 am line up, 10 am parade.
- Trick or Treat - The City of Longmont does not designate a specific date for Halloween Trick or Treating. Traditionally, Trick or Treating in Longmont occurs in the early evening hours of Halloween, October 31, regardless of the day of the week.
- Turkey Trot – November 9, 2019 Longmont Recreation Services presents the Annual Turkey Trot 10K and 2 mile run/walk benefiting the Longmont Recreation Services Youth Scholarship Fund. Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019, 9 am
- Longmont Lights Santa's Workshop- Longmont Recreation Services offers an evening for parents and their children 1 to 9 years of age to visit Santa and enjoy crafts at Santa's Workshop Friday evening of Longmont Lights. Dec. 13, 2019, 5 to 8 pm
- Longmont Lights Holiday Parade - Longmont Recreation Services hosts a special night Longmont Lights Holiday Parade with all the lights and magic of the holidays. Dec. 14, 2019, 5 pm