Find Us On Facebook
Welcome to the Longmont Senior Center: Your community hub for active older adults!
***COVID 19 UPDATE***
In light of continuing developments around the public health crisis related to the novel coronavirus, all public City facilities are closed through April 19th.
- Stay Connected with the Community
- Stay Fit and Well: online options for fitness and mind/body health
- Stay Informed: City services available to you
- Meals on Wheels: meal delivery for 55+
- Cultivate: grocery deliver for 60+
While the City facilities remain closed, here are ways you can stay connected within the community:
- Kind Connection through Spark the Change brings individuals within the community together by phone to support one another during these difficult times. Visit the Kind Connection website to sign up and receive a call.
- Well Connected Senior Center without Walls. This program offers activities, education, support groups, and friendly conversation over the phone or online. Visit the Well Connected website for more info.
- Boulder County Area Agency on Aging offers helpful resources and information for all county. If there is specific resource/program in Longmont that you want more information on please contact Amy or Veronica at the Longmont Senior Center. Visit the Boulder County Area Agency on Aging website OR Boulder County Network of Care website.
Follow along with Recreation's free fitness videos: View the full Fitness & Wellness playlist on Youtube
- Senior Cardio with Kim
- Tai Chi for Better Balance
- Intro to Flexibility Classic
- Senior Workout with Kim
Join an Active Minds virtual webinar program! The cost is free, and you can access the meeting links on their page: https://activeminds.com/events_denver.html. The webinars use Zoom, a popular, safe, interactive software designed to run in your browser (like Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox). Simply visit the Zoom meeting link (also below in the description) and follow the instructions on the web page. You can also access Zoom video tutorials ahead of time to be prepared.
- Hong Kong - Monday, March 30, 2-3pm live web event: Once a British colony, Hong Kong was returned to China in 1997. Recently, Hong Kong has erupted into violent conflict between the Chinese government and protesters objecting to increased government controls. Join Active Minds as we tell the story of Hong Kong, past, present, and future. https://zoom.us/j/141941830
While the City facilities remain closed, here's how you can stay in touch and access City services online:
- Keep up with the latest press releases and City news:
- How to access city services while facilities are closed:
- GIVE HELP: Get information on how to help partner agencies during the crisis
- GET HELP: Find out how to receive help during the crisis
- ACCESS SERVICES: FAQs for various City services (Find Senior-specific answers in the "Community Services" drop down box.
- Visit http://www.longmontmeals.org/ or call 303-772-0540 for up-to-date information
- At this time, Meals on Wheels Park View Cafe is closed to the public but dedicated volunteers are still delivering meals to homebound seniors and take precautionary measures to ensure homebound seniors have food in the event there is a disruption of services.
- If residents would like to donate, MOW could use toilet paper for seniors who are running low. MOW will have a donation shelf outside, Mon - Fri, 9 - 12pm by our west entry door.
- Monetary donations can be made online.
- MOW are continuing to sign up seniors who are in need of services and individuals with disabilities who are under 55, if they have a doctor referral. All community lunch participants are welcome to sign up for home delivery meals. If a client is sick MOW are asking clients to put a cooler outside of their home for MOW to deliver to. To sign up for home delivered meals, please call MOW at 303-772-0540.
- Seniors age 60+ may visit cultivate.ngo or call 303-443-1933 ext 414 to enroll.
- With Cultivate Carry-Out Caravan, clients pay for their own groceries, and Cultivate volunteers shop and deliver the groceries at no cost.
- Carry-Out Caravan is operating with extra precautions including sanitation of each food container and grocery bag prior to delivery. Groceries are being delivered to the client’s doorstep.