The City of Longmont offers 4-cubic-yard dumpster rentals for residential use. Residents can rent a dumpster for 7 days. Dumpsters are always dropped off on Thursday and picked up the following Thursday. The dumpsters measure about 5 feet wide by 6 feet long by 4 feet tall.
Wonder if your items are accepted in the dumpster? Our Waste Wizard knows (and may have other disposal options as well). Ask our Waste Wizard about items you intend to put in the dumpster >
Items Not Accepted
- Landscaping materials, including dirt, rock, sod, and railroad ties
- Construction materials, including concrete, bricks, shingles, drywall, plaster, tile, lumber over 3’ in length, and paint
- Cars or car parts, including tires
- Hazardous materials
- Electronics, such as televisions, computers, air conditioners, refrigerators and other large appliances
- Ashes, liquids, and oils
Please do not overfill the dumpster; lids must be closed at collection.
Reservation & Fees
- Please contact Waste Services to reserve a dumpster.
- The cost is $165 and is applied to your utility bill.
Additional Disposal Resources
City of Longmont
- Waste Wizard - Type in the name of the item and learn what to do with it
- Free Landfill Days
- Hard to Recycle Items
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Large Item Collection
- Waste Diversion Center